Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ode to the Crow - Poem


This is one of my poems that I am pleased with. It's about how I feel when I hear a crow's call in the early morning. It's an eery sound and hauntingly beautiful feeling.



Ode to the Crow
by Grace Pringle

Ode to the crow in her sturdy nest,
Ode to the morning’s peace and rest.

Ye be a bird of dark intent,
You are the silence’s torment.
Yours is a lonely lament,
A call to shake, rip and rent,
The dawn’s slumbering calm.

Early light in the waking night,
The morning and darkness unite.
Stirring softly and glowing bright,
The peace takes flight,
Shattered by a harsh bird’s cry.

Ode to the crow, ode to the morn,
One cries out in scorn,
The other, to be born.

2 comments:

  1. I will memorize this poem and have the kids do so as well. Then, in the mornings, either camping or with open window, we feel like cursing the slumber waker, we'll have something nicer to say. Love, Mama
    PS I like your blog. Keep on keeping on. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be honoured if you did get the kids to memorize this :D You could have the author come talk about it and explain all the philosophical points in it, hehe.
      I'd actually be curious what other people think I mean in it.

      Delete